Got coffee?
So, on our way home from Bec's b-day celebration with the fabulously adorable pumpkin cake with yummy homemade buttercream frosting and a green ice-cream-cone-stem, I had hubby swing into starbucks to see if they had any used coffee grounds. For the first time in the months I've been doing this, they had some all packaged in a pretty silver bag with a sticker explaining the potential benefits. Usually I just get a sack full straight out of the "discard" can.
When I came out to the car, bear was chantimg "coffee!" Hubby said she exclaimed ,"Mama's coffee cup!" the whole time I was in there (20 seconds, perhaps).
If my child develops a coffee addiction, I hold both sets of grandparents responsible. One set for actually making it, the other for the grounds-for-gardening idea.
I'm going to drink a glass of milk and try to get back to sleep. I will resist the temptation to put grounds out in my flowered at 3 a.m. Mostly because our streetlights don't work and the stillness of the night freaks me out a bit. Well, it does tonight. I will not be watching any scary Halloween movies...
3 comments:
you know coffee is good for our liver--even Dr.Oz says so!!
LOL we were just talking about this in my family. My 23 month old chants "coffee" when we start making it, walk up to the local coffee house, or go down that aisle in the supermarket. He also likes to smell it(puts his little face super close to the cup and snorts into it) plus he will TRY to dip everything into my cup. I was talking with a family member about this and mentioned that my older child, now 4, had no idea what coffee was at 23 months. We have decided that the shorten nursing time on my son, the addition of yard work(I too use grounds), and the more relaxed mama I am this time all can be credited to my son's coffee love!
We don't allow him to taste it but with how he carries on about it you would think he was a regular pot a day drinker!
:-) My sis in law credits her love of coffee to sipping her grandpa's highly sweetened coffee. And I have been known to let Bear have a sip of my frappucino on occasion...
Post a Comment