Sunday, June 29, 2008

let the nesting begin
baby boy's blanket is done!
it's not perfect. if you are type "A", then just looking at the picture may drive you nuts because there are some obvious imperfections.
but it is the 1st crochet project i began and the 2nd to be completed.
i could easily name 5 people i would like to make blankets for... and those are just the pregnant ones! that wouldn't include the friends who have been there through thick and thin, family members, etc....

i am hoping this approx. 26 x 29 inch blanket will make a perfect carseat blankie. it's not as thick as the other blanket i made, since i only used 1 strand of yarn.

it sure feels good to have not just one, but two projects completed!!!
now to tackle that list of things to do before little guy makes his appearance....


4 comments:

The Arteagas said...

You're doing a great job! My sister (who passed away from cancer a few years ago) would have crocheted (is that the past tense?) so many things for Nathan! I must admit that blankets are the only things I really like, but she probably would have done complete outfits and who knows what else! I don't crochet it myself (can't stand long-term projects), but I do appreciate those who make the effort because I know how much work it is! Beautiful! And even more special because Mommy made it!

Heather said...

I think it is beautiful.

Kork said...

I think it is wonderful, and any baby boy would love to turn this blanket from his snuggly pal into the magic superhero cape as he gets bigger! Captain Chaos has his quilt from my Mom and he turns it into his cape all the time!

I am proud of your accomplishments and am praying the next 7 weeks fly by for you...

Caslon said...

looks great lauren!!!