Sunday, March 08, 2009

Have you run a 5K? Would you?

So, a few weeks ago I told hubby we should try to run a 5K together. This was before he pulled a muscle and also before I had actually gone for a jog without kids this season. I have at least 3 good friends that I know of who have run 5K's... 2 in the past couple of years.

I'm borderline asthmatic, and have used that as an excuse not to run for years. I LOVE walking, but running and I, well... have never seemed like a good fit.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I want to add some outdoor "me" time.

I went on our church's women's retreat and found out that a woman I barely know but became a little better acquainted with is a runner. She mentioned starting slowly but consistently, but unfortunately that's all I remember from our conversation.

Anyway, I googled 5K for beginners and found this link:

Couch to 5K

Anyone want to join me in the elusive quest to get fit, or offer feedback? Have you attempted to run a 5K? Would you? Why or why not?

I haven't convinced myself that I will do this yet, but it's a possibility...

6 comments:

happymcfamily said...

you and running don't fit... didn't you used to be on the track team?

Lauren said...

in middle school, but I had to quit because some of my grades dropped from A's to B's... and instead of figuring out how to manage the asthma type symptoms, I was taught to avoid them by not "over-exerting" myself.

Lauren said...

You didn't answer my questions, by the way.

Heather said...

Before I even finished reading this post, I was going to tell you about couch to 5k. (C25K) I did it 2 summers ago and loved it. It really works and is done in such a short amount of time a couple times a week. I am hoping to be able to do it again this summer. The only thing is, the guy's voice drives me crazy after a few times and some of his music is a bit iffy. Im thinking of making my own, but till then.... i use creepy weird music guy.
-h

crt said...

go for it. i'll cheer you on, but to answer your ? - i won't be joining you. :-) the asthma would kill me. i am enjoying long walks with queenie. she occasionally forgets who is walking whom and breaks into a run.

Pfingston said...

lol - I hate running. lol - now if there was a 5K DANCE-a-thon . . .