Training has begun!
I've been doing my Wii Fit somewhat consistently since I got it, but my weight loss has plateaued. With the arrival of Spring-like weather, I have decided to get out as much as possible. So far, that means I've gone for 2 strolls with the kiddos, 1-2 miles each, in the past 3 days. Tonight, I jogged/walked about a mile in 15 minutes. Not impressive, but progress. Two neighbors asked where the kids were as we passed eachother. :)
During college, I would take breaks from studying by jogging on the fitness trail or the Quad. Sometimes, it was simply a means of procrastination. When I came home for the summer, I sometimes ran down my parents driveway and winding street, or went over to the local fitness trail. I've never been a distance runner, but I have always found jogging and walking to bring a sense of accomplishment to my weak body. And I used my inhaler before I left as a preventative measure. I think it helped. A lot.
So now there is a goal in place. Do a 5k within the next 6 months. Try to run/walk 2-3 times per week and do Wii fit, a video, etc... at home in between every day for at least 15 minutes.
Running a 5k will be tough, but I don't mind starting slowly and doing a combo of walking/jogging if I must.
6 comments:
Best of luck! I wish I had your ambition. I work next to a lady who is 8 months pregnant and goes to the gym every other day... and then there's me who is impressed if I do yoga twice a week.
Slowly but surely! Congrats and good luck!
-h
I'm always looking for new ways to procrasstinate. I wish I had your diligence around the house, Caslon. :)
Twice a week sounds about right... every little bit helps!
good luck! i really need to start doing more, but when? midnight doesn't seem like a good time to exercise.:-)
crt- you have a big dog to take you for jogs!
Good for you! I would love to start running or jogging too. My husband and I want to run in a 5K April 2010. Can't believe I just wrote 2010. Anyhow...good job with the training! Also...thanks for the comments on my scarf and sending friends over...you're wonderful!
Post a Comment