update on baby alex
i talked to alex's mom for a while tonight. pray for her... she just went back to work this week , a lot has changed due to the nature of her job (medical insurance related stuff), and of course she would rather be home with her baby instead of jumping head first back into the crazy world of the place that drove me to a couple of panic attacks a couple of years ago.
anyway, as a reminder, alex was due october 29th and was born the last week of july. he was in the nicu at vandy for a while, but came home and was doing well. but one morning he was having trouble breathing without being stimulated. he had meningitis. so he was in vandy again for 21 more days. there are a couple of small spots that show up on his scans that could be brain damage, but so far all signs are that he's healthy. pray that whatever those spots are will not be significant. his mom said when he had fluid on the brain, his soft spot expanded so it was like an egg on his head. but in a way it was a blessing that he still had a soft spot, more flex room.
he is doing well now, and his grandma takes care of him while his mommy works (although i might get to every now and then if his grandma isn't able). he weighs over 10 lbs... considering he weighed less than 3 lbs at birth, that's really cool.
anyway, keep this precious baby boy and his family in your prayers!
7 comments:
Would you please tell Alex's mommy that I'm prayin' for her? I went back thru your blog and found what I could about Alex since August. Prophet was also born 3 months early. He had a brain hemorhage & hydrocephalus. He weighed 2 lbs. 3 oz at birth, and went under 2 lbs at one point. It was the scariest time in my life. The only way I was able to sit back and go thru the ride was knowing that I wasn't the one in control...the was a much bigger power doing all the work. God got me thru it. He sent my mom to stay with me and healed my baby. Prophet is now 9 years old and doing great!! I dearly love the miracle that is him!!
10 pounds is impressive. Prophet at the same age still only weighed about 6 pounds. He was 8 months old before he weighed that much!!!
By the way, in case you havn't read my response on my blog yet...yes I would love to be a link on yours...can I put you on mine?
wow. it's amazing how God creates babies to be so resilient.
i'd be honored to have a link on your blog.
I'm praying for Alex and his mommy! I can only imagine what she's dealing with. I remember how frightening it was when Grandma M&M called to tell me Grace's Prophet had made his Grand Entrance so very early.
I only hope it's nothing I'll ever have to experience first hand.
thanks, ladies. his mom is doing really well at taking everything in stride. they had to deliver him early when her bodystarted rejecting the pregnancy, shutting her liver down. after he was born, they found a blood clot in her leg. it's been a crazy journey for them.
Can I add my prayers too? xoxox
thanks, everyone!
Post a Comment