Garden Implementation... phase one
Hopefully my garden implementation will be more successful and far less stressful than the system implementations I went through at three of my previous jobs. (Computer Guy was obviously not involved in any of them).
Hubby sprayed round up where the new flower bed will be around the mailbox. We also roped off our vegetable patch using those metal spikes you put into a turkey at Thanksgiving and clothesline from the $1 store. Baby Bear thought the red and white edged rectangle in the yard was pretty cool. He also applied round up there. I really should have tried the natural tricks, and I might still, since it my have been too cool today for the poison to be effective. I made the mistake of planting some things too early last year, only to have to replant after the late frost, so I figure I can wait 3 weeks like Gramma M. does to actually plant in the garden after weed killing... and it will still be earlier than she plants in WI. Anyway, hubby was fertilizing the lawn, anyway.
So far, seeds are only sprouting in one of the pots I started last week... grr... Thankfully I didn't use all my seeds. I'm not giving up hope yet, I've moved the pots inside where it is warmer.
I spied strawberry and asparagus starts at Lowe's, as well as lots of pretty flower bulbs and rose bushes. But I abstained from buying anything else.... for now. See what happens when you shop with your hubby? Bear loved sitting on the big John-Deere lawn mowers and ordering her daddy to sit on and get off each one. And hubby found the replacement part for our toilet and we can now flush without lifting up th tank lid again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment