daffodils are my absolute favorite flowers! and wouldn't you know, it's about the only variety of flowers they don't grow here in Ecuador (yes, we have lots of roses, but no daffodils - I'm pretty sure that its because they can't grow bulb flowers here as we have a year-round growing season). Anyways - thanks for making my day by giving the gift of daffodils!!! BEAUTIFUL!
Ruth- I think you're right... the bulbs require a cold dormant season... although cold is relative, I am thinkful for what winter we get because spring bulbs are my favorite!
I almost picked some daffodils up at the grocery store today. They are so pretty. I love seeing them growing randomly on the roadside. It's a nice little reminder that spring is approaching.
7 comments:
beautiful pics!!
daffodils are my absolute favorite flowers! and wouldn't you know, it's about the only variety of flowers they don't grow here in Ecuador (yes, we have lots of roses, but no daffodils - I'm pretty sure that its because they can't grow bulb flowers here as we have a year-round growing season). Anyways - thanks for making my day by giving the gift of daffodils!!! BEAUTIFUL!
So very pretty. Will spring PLEASE get here NOW? :)
pretty pictures
Ruth- I think you're right... the bulbs require a cold dormant season... although cold is relative, I am thinkful for what winter we get because spring bulbs are my favorite!
I almost picked some daffodils up at the grocery store today. They are so pretty. I love seeing them growing randomly on the roadside. It's a nice little reminder that spring is approaching.
What pretty flowers, Ren!
Post a Comment