Friday, July 06, 2007

Last-minute Date Night

Our anniversary is coming up, and we decided to splurge on dinner and a movie. We don't go to the theater very often, and we rarely go out to eat without our toddler in tow. Well, we had hoped to go out on the lake today, but the more we thought about it, the more we decided that would be a bad idea with Bear. I can't see her handling a life jacket very well. So we spent the morning relaxing, and my parents came over this afternoon to babysit. She smiled as they walked up the sidewalk. I love how she recognizes her family members.

So hubby and I went down to a matinee showing of Transformers (loved it- very nostalgic, and well done. I didn't really expect it to have a plot, but it did. Good special effects.... not for young kids, violence justifies the pg-13 rating; they couldn't have done the effects this well back when the cartoons came out), and we even got popcorn and cokes, which almost never happens. After dinner at Red Lobster, we decided to stop by Kohl's, as we knew Baby Bear was in good hands with Granwendy and Grandaddy. I found a beach towel/blanket & flip flops for our upcoming trip- no luck in the swimsuit area. Hubby found some shirts. Why is it that he finds clothes easier than I? Again, it was soooo nice to not have to worry about our little one while we were out.

So, happy early anniversary to us. Of course, you know you are an old married couple when you are home and on the couch by 9 p.m.

7 comments:

Grace said...

Red Lobster and Kohl's... two of my favorite places!!! Smart Guy always find clothes easier than I do!!

Stephanie said...

Dinner and a movie - sounds like a fun night. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great evening! Happy anniversary! For some reason my husband and I always end up at Wal-Mart on our dates. I think that is a sign of being an old married couple as well!

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Happy Anniversary...Any date sounds wonderful. Hope you are well and that your date was fun.

Sara said...

Sounds like a fun date! We have a pending date for the Simpsons movie, Roman is a fan. He ALWAYS finds clothes easier than I (except for our last trip to TJ Maxx which was a fluke!)

Caslon said...

Happy Anniversary! You beat us to see transformers - we are seeing it tonight. :) Glad you had some time for the 2 of you.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We just had ours on the 3rd. Glad you had a good evening :)