Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Two Memorials...

The first, a celebration of Mrs. Y's life, took place last night. It was a Memorial Service filled with love, laughter, tears, celebration and hope. The life of a woman who served her Heavenly Father and loved His people well was celebrated, Jesus' gift of eternal life for those who repent and trust in Him alone was celebrated, and the Holy Spirit's peace was present. While Mrs. Y was undoubtedly involved in her family reunion in Heaven, some of us who knew her here on earth had a little "family reunion" of our own. It was a blessing to see friends whom I hadn't seen in years... several years, almost a decade for some of them. After the Memorial Service, we fellowshipped together as Mrs. Y would have wanted.

The Second, today. Independence Day. My nation's birthday. I bought my own little cheesy T-shirt with a hint of the stars and stripes on it, and dressed Baby Bear in her red,white and blue outfit. Her Grandparents came over to see her, and she entertained them well. She displayed her own growing independence on many occasion both last night and today. We grilled out and ate inside. I am grateful for the many freedoms we have. I wish the entire globe shared the same freedom. But alas, I am a realist, and I know that such a dream is impossible until the Redeemer come to restore all things to Himself.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: