Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm a wimp.

Just when I think about considering natural childbirth the next time around, I get a reality check. I AM A WIMP. I have a measley (well, not quite) cold, allergy attack, whatever it is. It's not bad enough to send me to the doctor, but it is bad enough that I'm being a real baby. We're out of kleenex, so I'm using TP. Either Angels aren't very soft or "Angel Soft" is a misnomer. No big deal when it's being used for the advertised purpose. Not so good for the nose area.

I had my contacts in... something got in my eye, so now I'm back in my glasses. That puts me in a foglike trance under normal circumstances. Take into account the fact that they are 4 years old, Baby Bear has bent them out of shape, and one screw has been replaced with a tiny little keyring to hold it together. My prescription hasn't changed much, but just the crooked factor messes with my vision. Oh, and we took our prescription in to get a cheap pair at the supercenter. The optician was not in, and the optometrist is not licensed to do whatever is needed to fit glasses. Something's wrong with that. Efficiency, please? So my script is stuck to the fridge, after floating around the whole downstairs. (DON'T tell me that's what I get for going to the supercenter. Costco's selection of frames was terrible (they did have the same design I purchased FOUR years ago, and I'm not about to pay full price for things that I only wear when necessary... just before bedtime or when my contacts are really bugging me.)

Well, I did buy that salmon and roast potatoes/squash/carrots/onion sound like a yummy treat, so let's see if I can get dinner going.

Who wants to come clean up for me? There might even be enough leftovers to share.

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

You cook, I'll clean. We'll be there in 4 1/2 hours...and B.B. can teach Baby Bear lots of things you don't want her learning!

Lauren said...

Problem- I don't want to give you and Bitsy whatever it is I'm fighting. Or BB. Unless it would slow him down enough to give you a break.

If that doesn't stop you, come on down. ;-)

Lauren said...

the salmon was rancid. just barely, so i didn't notice it until it started baking... i got a refund. we ended up having mcdonald's for protein. the potatoes and carrots were good, at least.