
Over 10 years have passed since I met Daniel Doss and Brian Wolski, two of the members of the Daniel Doss Band, whose debut CD on a record label is coming out tomorrow. We went to the same college, and our paths crossed. I always looked up to Daniel's sister for her cheerful outlook, and their family's God-given musical talent was amazing. I can't honestly say I was close to either guy, but that's okay (in fact, I'm not sure that both of them remember me, though I'm pretty sure DD does, since I lurk and comment on his wife's blog). They were still a part of a time in my life when God taught me that being "saved" was more than the legalism we as believers try to impose on each other and others, that were it not for His grace alone through Jesus Christ alone, faith would be empty and futile.
Anyway, I plan to buy my copy of their new album soon. I still have some of the chords to some of the songs Daniel wrote and we played in the praise band of the campus ministry we were involved in, and every once in a while I find myself humming one the tunes. It sounds like his music and heart for ministry have grown by leaps and bounds in the past 10+ years.
1 comment:
I listened to some of the music, and I like their sound.
Post a Comment