rest
Hubby and I are away. Our first time for just the two of us since Baby Bear's birth. Of course, I had to wake up to pee and can't sleep now.
Eating at a restaurant without a toddler is bittersweet. Sweet for the obvious reasons.... no telling her not to climb out of the high chair, fewer messes to clean up, neither of us having to get up from the table with her to explore the restaurant and make new friends. Bitter, well, okay, not really bitter, but you just can't help but think of the cute things your little one does or says while you are away from them. She's in good hands, and has a playmate her own age. She was so excited about going to visit her cousin, aunt and uncle.
I am glad to report the aversion to steak which hit head-on while I was expecting Baby Bear has not returned with this pregnancy (so far). Mmmm...
I'm going back to bed... we have a day of sight-seeing to look forward to tomorrow, and if I don't get more sleep, I will be dreading it.
2 comments:
Glad you arrived there safely--am anxious to know how you like the tour--we have never gone there but have thought about it..
Lauren, I hope you guys are having a fab time just relaxing & being together! Let me know how it went sometime.
Jen from MN
Post a Comment