Seeds purchased so far: cherry tomatoes, green beans, yellow squash, cucumbers, cantaloupe, basil, parsley
Hubby plans to work on the yard some this weekend, including initial prep for my little garden patch. I've collected some grounds from Starbucks (and will hit them up for more), and of course we'll have to buy compost and soil, as our ground is not exactly the best.
Anyway, it looks good to me on paper... we'll see a) if we get it together b) if things grow and c) if we can keep pests from eating everything down to nubs.
Sigh... According to the Helpful Gardener, broccoli and tomatoes should not be planted next to eachother. Guess I'll be rearranging.
Any tips from experienced gardeners are welcome.

2 comments:
The guy is coming to till my garden next Wednesday! I will be planting watermelon, cantaloupe and gourds.
I will also add some tomatoes and maybe some peppers, too.
And, there are far too many flowers to name. :)
I was all excited that this year I'd have a spot for a little garden, then dh changed his mind about closing in our parking pad hence eliminating my little garden patch. sigh. maybe I'll just do some tomatoes in pots. Yours looks lovely!
Post a Comment