Monday, March 10, 2008

you might be a mom (or mom to be) if....

  • you're working at the check in table for a gathering of moms and you immediately think of the woman's child's name
  • you see someone with a stroller you've been drooling over online and have to stop and ask their opinion of it
  • after previous conversation, you know what stroller you have to get "this time around
those are just today's "mommy moments", or the ones i can remember off the top of my head.... feel free to add to the list in the comments!

5 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

With us, our first pregnancy we bought TONS of onesis, tons of clothes, tons of blankets... the list goes on and on. I realized she didn't need all of that. But thankfully we did all that since we have had twin girls. Now I wished we would have bought even more so I wouldn't have to buy so much now. Oh well!

Congrats. It's very exciting!!!
Allison (Erik's wife)

Pfingston said...

-leaving the house without washing your hair, but your kids look great
-Having toys and a change of (child's) underwear in your bag (it's too big to be called a purse)
-having the same dawg-gone thing for lunch cause it's just easier that way
-"wrestling" -really just tickling- on the couch with a naked 2 year old

just a few of my mommy moments today

Samantha said...

I was at Olive Garden eating with some girlfriends and our children on Tuesday when I excused myself from the table to go "pee-pee". Upon leaving I said "bye-bye". Motherhood has obviously stolen any grown up vocabulary that I once had. Luckily, my fellow moms could relate.

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

How about...

~ Counting how many diapers you change between your two kids, just b/c you're curious? ;)

~ Having your day consumed with taking cute pics of your little ones?

~ Spending two hours on the computer, deciding on the "perfect" birth announcement for your newborn?

~ Thinking that your older daughter saying, "mo" when she signs "more" at her highchair is the cutest thing in the whole world? :)

I really need to get out more!!
Hee hee.. ;-)

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY remember doing this with a stroller that I was drooling over. I found out some really useful information speaking up to these parents, too!