Are we really in Memphis?
It's sunny, breezy and COOL! Warm enough to not need a jacket, but cool enough to enjoy a walk around the block. Baby Bear climbed into her umbrella stroller and chanted, "ride! please!", so we went out for a nice walk in the fresh air. It sure beat the trip to super-Walmart. We got what we had to and were in and out as quickly as possible. (I'm making chicken pot pie for dinner and had to get all the ingredients.) Some high school age kids were out messing with a car; I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought that their teachers were probably not missing them in class at the school I taught at for 2 years today. The idea of calling the police for truancy also crossed my mind, but I decided to give the poor teachers a break. If the kids were that rowdy outside, trying to teach them anything would have proven futile on a day like today.
Baby Bear is supposed to be napping, but I can hear her playing with her kitty and an old Pound Puppy from when her Daddy and Uncle and Aunt were growing up. I don't want to know what kind of pain the boys inflicted on their stuffed animals, though they appear unscathed. Anyway, she sounds happy, so why mess with a good thing? At the moment, all I hear is the lullaby from her wind-up giraffe, so perhaps she is going down.
No comments:
Post a Comment