Thursday, April 05, 2007

Getting into the season

Baby Bear and I went to the store today. I purchased her first Easter Basket, 1 dozen plastic eggs, some candy, and some cheap odds-and-ends to go in the eggs. When we get together with my side of the family, Baby Bear and Juliana will have an egg hunt together. While the two of them will be quite content to gather as many plastic eggs into their basket as they can without opening them, I personally cannot resist the temptation to buy chocolates. My Mom has some plastic eggs around the house, so some of them will have surprises inside, and others won't.

I also purchased a few seed packets. Sunflower seeds, daisies, and a perennial mix. After the cold front leaves and Spring returns, I plan to actually plant them. The sunflower seeds will go at the very back of the part of our yard that is not really ours but has not been developed and most likely will not for another 2 years at this rate. Make that 10 years. There is a cliff and a tree line, and hubby doesn't typically mow back that far. So the birds will thank me for some extra food. The others will go in the hillside. While I have the urge to sprinkle them and see what comes up, I think I will actually plant and water them this year. The past 2 attempts to sow seeds by just sprinkling them on the dicrepid cliff resulted in 2 or 3 lone flowers. The packets were only 10 cents each, so my hopes aren't high. But you never know when the miracle of life might surprise you. And since I obviously didn't learn my gardening lesson from the parable, I'll make changes based on my experience in which God told me "I told you so."

2 comments:

Caslon said...

That sounds like fun... I'm planning on planting seeds for some flowers around our back deck. I'm thinking cone-flowers maybe...

Lauren said...

Those would be pretty. :-)