Saturday, July 14, 2007

I have sea legs.

After getting our planning done last night and this morning, we spent lots of time in the water. Center Hill Lake is the only lake I've been near in this state that has not scared me to get into in a long time. No, it's not the clearest, but we could see some fish in the water in the marina, and there was very little debris of any type in the water. And the water actually felt clean when we got into it. Oh, and it did not stink. The temp was perfect. (Once while we were dating hubby and I went for what supposed to be a romantic day trip to Kentucky Lake, the next state up. I now refer to it as Stinky Fish Lake. If I believed in bad omens, the sight and smell of the dead fish which we encountered washed ashore and saw floating in the water would have been enough to end our relationship. Percy Priest Lake is not AS bad, but not nearly as scenic or clean as CHL.) We swam off the boat for at least an hour, using rafts and "noodles" for flotation. Fish nibbled at our heels from time to time, and ducks swam within 10 feet of us. Oh, and a few of us went down the water slide off the back of the boat into the water. FUN!!! The weather was PERFECT. Our hosts were gracious. Their boat was amazing.... probably worth more than our house, and oh, so comfortable. A perfect place to relax. The fellowship was sweet, and our Mom's HEART ministry should have a great year. I had the pleasure of getting to know our church's founding pastor's wife personally, and friendships were formed and strengthened with some wonderful other Moms. In a big church, it's hard to get to know people sometimes. I knew more people on our committee than I realized. And they either liked my cake and brownies or were really gracious. The best part was finding a group of women that I didn't feel like I had to really pretend around. It wasn't quite like being around the close friends I've had forever, but it was much easier than I expected. I even confessed my near-cancellation and allergy cop-out. (My allergies are real, but I have felt better the past days over all than in a week.)

Got home around 6:45 tonight, and received a great big BEAR hug. She and Daddy did well, other than the fact she woke him up at 5:45 this morning. And I can't believe it took me 21 months to leave my baby for 1 night. I loved knowing she was in good hands. And I must confess, I loved leaving hubby with the responsibility. I came home to a happy baby girl,a swept floor, folded laundry & an empty kitchen sink. AND a clean dishwasher. He is the best. Oh, and he didn't make me cook... we split fajitas at "our" Mexican restaurant. Baby Bear LOVED the guacamole.

I'm going to go cuddle with my hubby in front of the tv now. Hope the rest of your weekend is great!

5 comments:

Tech Mom said...

So glad your weekend was so good--sounds like j made out well with the house and Bear!!

Heather said...

Corey always cleans the house from top to bottom and does all of the laundry while i am out of town. LOVE it.

FarmWife said...

I'm so glad you went & had a good time. And don't feel bad about waiting this long to leave Baby Bear alone with daddy overnight. I've only been away from my kids while I was in the hospital having another one! Someday I'm going on vacation!! All by myself...maybe I'll come visit you!

I've never been to CHL. I'll have to ask Daddy about it.

Grace said...

I'm glad it went well and you were able to have fun!!

Sara said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time.