i'm about 0 for 20 on my contest entries, but i'm not going to stop entering them yet!
Steph at Adventures in Baby Wearing and Jenn from All Natural Mommies
are going to give away a Podunbutai baby carrier.
After reading books such as Babywise and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, I started out motherhood with a fear of anything remotely related to AP. Both books implied that baby-wearing would result in a clingy, needy child with issues. They did have some helpful points in them, but I should have read more from "the other point of view" and relaxed a bit.
Well, my child will probably have issues anyway. I have issues, and anybody who is human has issues. You don't? Well, then, you're in denial and that's an issue all by itself! Right now one of my irking issues is how to get things done with a toddler hanging off me. EVERY time I try to sweep or Mop, someone wants to help. The problem is, the dirt and junk doesn't get picked up when she "helps." Watering the garden? Toddler gets soaked so she needs a change of clothes at best, and if she's covered in mud, a bath. I can't corral her and hold a hose. Normally, I just don't bother trying (to get things done). This results in a less than sparkling kitchen floor. There are times I want to give the whole baby-wearing thing a try. I keep telling myself it won't be long before Baby Bear will not want to be held so much... as she clings to my leg with a death grip. Anyway, if I win this contest, I will have to get hubby to take pics of me looking ridiculous trying to figure out how to get bear into a carrier. And if the experiment fails, and Baby Bear does't go for the confinement thing... I'll either have a tool to try with my next baby or a great baby gift to pass on to someone else!
So cross your fingers for me... or go enter the contest for yourself!
6 comments:
Thanks so much for entering!!
Steph
i'm just laughing here - picturing the girls in it. oh wait they screamed as though i was murdering them when i tried something like it. and that was when they were babies.:-)
see, the way bear likes to tackle my back, i figure she might use it as a back carrier. she's not quite stong enough to hold on by herself. this could be the boost she needs. and remember, that same snuggli that made them scream bloody murder did work for us for a little bit. :-)
that's true. the screams still ring loud in my ears.
I'm with you on the 0 for 20 on contest stuff . . . *sigh*
Thanks for entering and GOOD LUCK - gotta win sometime right?
Post a Comment