Unfortunately, half the responses got cut off... so here they are for your answering pleasure. (Please actually answer in the sidebar. I thought this might be fun to do since there are a lot of new wanderers these days...)
Question: What's growing in your garden right now?
Answer Options:
- Garden? What Garden?
- Shrubs
- A healthy mix of annuals and perennials
- veggies- lots of them
- herbs
- weeds, and more weeds
- moles. and bugs. and mushrooms.
- a couple of tomato plants and struggling green beans bushes
- this drought is killing my dreams of a garden!
- a couple of flowers have survived
5 comments:
Very cool! I saw that option, but wasn't sure how it worked...I may try it.
We have a great yard size wise but it's super sunny and I'm afraid of what's lurking in the soil since old houses were torn down and who knows what buried before ours was built. I did buy a tomatillo plant and put it in a pot but alas it flowers but no fruit. I don't know why though.
I'm afraid of what's in our soil, too... developers don't take care to keep the yards clean in new subdivisions. But we've bought potting soil & manure for our existing flower beds. Not sure what would make a plant flower but not bear fruit... any experts lurking? Anyone?
sara - do you have two plants or just one? some plants need to cross pollinate in order to bear fruit, so you might need two separate plants. i wouldn't consider myself an expert - just a vague memory from biology class long. long ago...
crt- thanks! Another friend suggested that but thought for tomatoes it isn't the case, my fil who usually knows all there is to know about plants had no clue (although he did say that the fruit wouldn't have any toxins that are in the soil?) Another thought is that there just aren't enough bees in my back yard, it is true that I rarely if ever see any.
Post a Comment