Let's Tackle!
Ok, the past few weeks I have not really tackled any "project" areas. I have mostly done basic maintenance-type tackles. The floors, laundry, bathrooms, etc...
This morning started out with outdoor maintenance of sorts. I watered all the plants and fed my hostas and black-eyed susans some Miracle Grow. Last week, hubby dusted all the flowers with Sevin, because they were getting eaten. (I hate using it very often with Baby Bear running around outside. I have to make sure she doesn't try to pick any flou-flous with dust on them.) I apparently have slugs on my hostas, too, so I may have to go buy some beer. By the time I got home from my half-weekend adventure, the black-eyed susans looked pretty thirsty.
Anyway, my Master Bedroom is looking increasingly like a collection of various piles of stuff instead of the peaceful retreat it should be. (I would love to be able to light candles without danger of catching something on fire!) So that's what I'm going to tackle this week. A nook or dresser top at a time. (It may not get completely done today, and be warned... these pictures are for real. Yes, I realize my room looks worse than many teenagers'. Don't run away screaming or puking, please... and don't tell me that if I just took care of a little at a time it would not get so bad. I already know that.)
BEFORE:
AFTER:
I accidentally deleted the "before" shot, but this afternoon I managed to uncover my dresser.
Well, mostly.
So, what's your tackle today?
I challenge those of you who
don't usually participate
in this meme to join us this week-
with before and after pics!
updated 1:43 p.m.&10:10 p.m.
I challenge those of you who
don't usually participate
in this meme to join us this week-
with before and after pics!
updated 1:43 p.m.&10:10 p.m.

7 comments:
Today is tackle it everything day... we've got about 15 or so people coming over.
I guess the dusting part is not part of regular maintenance for me, even though it should be :)
good luck!
I wish I could very proudly say that our bedroom never looks like that, but alas I would lieing. It usually looks like that. The only reason it doesn't right now is because it hasn't been unpacked yet and Smart Guy moved all the boxes to the basement to move up a few at a time.
BTW, you need some pictures on your walls girlfriend!!
Good luck on your tackle. My room is always the last place I get organized.
ah, yes... i need to save up some $$ and hit kohl's when they have a good sale on frames. printing out pics would help, too.
i'm thinking a grouping of family photos from the beach would go great in that nook... and i want to frame the cross stitch above the bed with a wedding pic and a more recent pic.
That would be awesome, go for it!!
I retrieved our engagement pic from my parents' house. Since I cleared off the dresser, I had room there for it. The backing isn't secure enough to hang it up. Unfortunately it was water damaged when a flower vase tipped over next to it. The photo is stuck to the glass in spots, so it's in that glass forever. If you look really close, you might be able to see where Bear gets her curls.
Post a Comment