a small miracle for this domestically challenged woman
we have not eaten dinner out since sunday. there just may be hope for me yet. we have enough leftovers from tonight's italian pork chops and egg noodles for another meal (and guess who ate the leftover squash-pepper-onion mix- yep, me. it was yummy, too, having stewed in the marinade for over 24 hours before being cooked). actually, we can think of at least 3 meals we have enough food for if we scrape the fridge, freezer and cupboards. but i think we'll go out tomorrow, anyway. we'll see. i may change my mind and try to set a record for us... oh, wait, this just may be it. maybe i mean i may try to break my record. perhaps i'll get brave and jump on the meal-plan-monday bandwagon...
6 comments:
We plan our meals it goes pretty well. Some times I change the days of the week but we generally stick to the menu. I plan on Friday nights or Saturday mornings before we go grocery shopping ad try to plan for 2 weeks at a time. We had spaghetti last night, have enough leftover I am making baked spaghetti tomorrow night, I love getting 2 meals out of one night of cooking;) Good Luck on breaking your record!
I really need to be more disciplined, especially in meal planning to help control our spending. I did manage to take care of the dishes, put in a load of laundry and vacuum downstairs before getting online this morning.
I try and make a list of 5-7 meals for a week but don't assign days. I found that I wouldn't want to make what was scheduled for one day then things would get messed up. I haven't been real good about it recently but it does work well to know what I'm shopping for. A friend of mine just started a blog to share our meal plans and recipes, the link is on my blog "Friends Recipes".
We rarely eat out and when we do it's usually Hardee's or if we go all out at St Louis Bread Co. (Panera). I'd like to eat out more but hunbby doesn't like to, oh well.
I am like you . . domestically challanged . . but I have been LOVING the book "Saving Dinner" I use the low-carb one, but there is another regular one, anyway . . .it has the week planned out for you already And has a shopping list for that week already there. . . AND the recipies are relativly simple compaired to some 20-or-more-ingrediante-make-it-all-from-sratch-do-you-STORE-yeast? type of cooks books, AND! we've been all very pleased with how tasty the recipies are. I'd recomend it.
PS thought I'd give you the link, and congradulations on the home cooked meals! Woo Hoo!
http://www.savingdinner.com/leannes_books/all_about_leanne_ely_books.html
thanks!!!! i'll check it out!
Post a Comment