Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Tackles of the week:

General Housework

Well, I'm behind on chores (shocking, I know), so this week I am returning to public posting of my To-do list so it stares me in the face. I think I'll even do the color coding. As one who is domestically challenged and a procrastinaholic to boot, I find this to be an effective way of holding myself accountable.

Red= needs to be done
Yellow= in process
Green= tackle completed

Ok, so here's my "Master List". An * indicates what I will focus on today.
  1. Sweep kitchen floor*
  2. Mop kitchen floor*
  3. wash, fold & put away clothes (5 loads)*
  4. clean out fridge*
  5. clean bathrooms (2)
  6. straighten living room
  7. pick up nursery
  8. vacuum all carpets
  9. water flowers & cherry tomatoes*
  10. change and wash bed & crib sheets
For more Tackle It Tuesday participants,
visit out
5 minutes for mom.

original post 9:13 a.m. Tuesday


11 comments:

Ginny said...

Good luck, that is a big list :)

Sara said...

You mean kitchen floors are supposed to be scrubbed? Who knew!

adymommy said...

That is a big list! I would have to stay away from the computer all day to get all that done(no way that would happen). Good Luck and Happy Tackling!

Lauren said...

Hee hee... notice I said "tackles of the WEEK".

I did the lazy woman's scrub & modified my list a bit:
step 1- spray floor with water from spray bottle to loosen dirt.
step 2- mop with just water
step 3- change water, then mop with murphy's oil soap

I could not bring myself to get on my hands and knees. I need to go get some cheap knee pads or something like I had when I was a kid... you know, the fabric kind, no plastic or anything... then I might get down on my hands and knees.

I got this done during my daughter's nap... and she is still down!

crt said...

i noticed that you altered scrub to mop. can't blame you there

Lauren said...

yeah. i'm no martha stewart. & i'm certainly not her maid.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

So how did the list turn out?

Twisted Cinderella said...

Great list of tackles for the week!

Anonymous said...

I like how you color coded stuff, that's a kewl idea! I'm hosting a Tackle contest on my blog. Stop on by!

Susanna Rose said...

Man, you're one busy mama! Laundry has always been my least favorite chore to do (and now that my husband, son and I live in NYC it's gotten even harder as we're back to using a laundromat!;) Anyways, great job!:)

Candi said...

Looks like you made progress....great job!!