Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Time to Tackle...
Tackle It Tuesday Meme

the usual. (housework.) bathrooms. kitchen floor/counter/clean out fridge. laundry...
once again, i am grounding myself from the computer until i accomplish something.

i thought i might claim my scrapbook pages from the weekend as my tackle for the week, but i will not.

tech mom and dad are coming to get their grandbaby fix over the holiday, i have a memorial service to attend tonight, and my house is... a cluttered, dirty house. baby bear didn't help by dumping fruity cheerios all over the swept floor.

...see you after i've tackled it this tuesday.


******
updates:
  • guest bath cleaned, most toys moved out of the tub (the bathroom process included digging a whole roll of tp out of the toilet. apparently baby bear knows it goes there. it least she doesn't have the flushing thing down yet so we didn't have an overflow disaster.)
  • guest bed made, with extra blanket so my in laws don't freeze in their son's igloo. the guest room is the coldest in our house. hubby likes the temp at 69.
  • laundry in process. 1 load put away, 2 dumped on master bed ready to be folded, 1 each in washer and dryer
  • hot pocket and brownie eaten for my lunch
  • kitchen floor swept & mopped
  • pork chops, diced tomatoes, & onion in crock pot for supper... squash to be added soon.
  • living room floor cleared of toys (temporarily)
  • living room, hall, bedrooms vacuumed
  • sweet tea brewing
  • 1 produce drawer cleaned out and washed
Boy, am I thankful that my in-laws are coming to see their Grandbaby and not a house. The clutter in other areas is still out of control. But after all this hard work, I do believe I deserve a break. Took a break and went to the scrapbook store to buy more papers (I had a coupon for 2 free sheets of cardstock with the purchase of 5 sheets of patterned paper. I couldn't resist. Yes, I do believe the shop is dangerously close. Even if it doesn't cost much in gas to get there...)
lauren

9 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! Great job today. I think I need to get off my bum and do some more!

Lauren said...

unfortunately the house doesn't look like i've done much... i need to get back off my bum and do more too! especially while bear naps!

Anonymous said...

You've done a lot already! LOL about the TP -- though I am sure it wasn't funny at the time! Glad it didn't get stuck.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I bet that store is dangerously close! I plan to go, but sometimes I feel that N.R. is forever away even though it is so close!

Heather said...

I avoid our local scrap shops like the plague. Tempting items that are way overpirced. hee hee. Not good for my wallet.

Thanks to your inspiration, I scrapped a bunch last night and today. Some pages are posted at my Flickr.

adymommy said...

WOW you tackled alot!
Glad to know I am not the only person who uses their bed as a dumping ground for clothes. I believe there are 2 loads waiting for me, right now!

Anonymous said...

looks like you got a lot accomplished girly!! Congrats on your TT

Haley said...

I put up my flower pic, plus 2 new layouts!

Haley

Pfingston said...

what an accomplishment!
I really need to get on this ball . . . but I feel like just the daily dishes and laundry and constant kiddy pick-up does me in!
*whew*
You inspire me . .