Sunday, August 26, 2007

The cat's got my tongue (sort of)

We've had a nice, relaxing weekend. My parents baby-sat Baby-Bear while we were treated to dinner by our sunday school teachers. Everyone brought their wedding pictures, commenting about brushing the dust off, etc. Dinner was scrumptious- served on fine china, with actual silver and stemware. All of us felt so honored to have a group date-night out with such hospitable treatment.

Baby Bear did well, over-all, fussing a little more and going to sleep a little harder than usual, but I still think Mom and Dad will forgive our later-than-expected return. I hope so. Hubby had decided to convert the crib to the toddler bed, and my guess is Bear missed the security in spite of the freedom.

While the cat may have my tongue, my daughter is chattering away in toddler-ese. Our 2-hour afternoon nap certainly rejuvenated her. I wish I could say the same for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice evening for you! That sounds like so much fun!