Happy Friday!
Bear and I had a good day. She slept in til almost 7:30, and was very well behaved all morning. We went grocery shopping together, and when we got home she colored at the table while I put everything away.
You know you have been married a while (or you are getting old, or a little of both) when your idea of a nice birthday evening is dinner at home. Of course, when your husband was out of town for 4 days and 3 nights prior, the idea of going to a loud restaurant with toddler in tow and not knowing if toddler will behave is not very appealing. I picked up a couple of sirloin steaks at Publix, and marinated them all day. Hubby did a great job grilling them; they were perfectly cooked medium-well. We also had baked sweet potatoes and I sauteed onions, mushrooms & green peppers in butter and a little worschteshire sauce. Mmmmm. Hubby helped me clean up by sweeping the floor and vacuuming while I did dishes. It's all about teamwork, baby.
I loved watching Bear's expression as she ran toward her daddy as he came through the front door.
I rented Dream Girls... I decided that since it was my birthday, a chick flick was in order. You can't get much more chick flick than a musical. It was good. Jennifer Hudson can really sing. I bet the original play was better, because that's usually the case with musicals-turned-movies, but this adaptation was very good.
There's still birthday cake left from my party last weekend- the thing was huge. And ice cream. Hubby made root beer floats for us tonight. Mmmmm...
I am officially in my thirties, instead of just 30. At least I don't look it (according to most people).
Good night!
3 comments:
A Very Happy Birthday to you!! Welcome to the roaring thirties! :)
Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day and very yummy meal!
No, you definitely don't look like you're in your 30's! Happy Birthday a day late!!
Post a Comment