Sunday, August 12, 2007

we're home

vacation was good. too short, but good.
baby bear has been asking for more of her cousins all day.
after church, we took a nice long nap. 2 1/2 hours.
aaaahhh. almost makes up for having an early riser in the house.

the retaining wall is up in the side of our yard. no sign of the stone-facing that was mentioned, but at this point, we'll take what we get after 4 years of gettingn othing but headaches out of the develop `er11111111AWQ.

baby bear says hi. and "elmo". she wants to play a game. she still smells like pickles from lunch. is my toddler the only one who eats black beans and pickles (not together, of course, but still... i thought crt was going to die of shock when she watched bear eat. the child eats like a horse.)

i should start washing clothes now. you'd never guess we actually had a washer and drier there by the size of our laundry pile, and you certainly would not believe i used it!

4 comments:

crt said...

it is amazing how much food the little bear can eat. i think it stands out to us more because em and mad eat so little. they've always been picky eaters. right down to wanting separate plates for different foods. whereas, bear is quite content mixing the whole lot and shoving it in by the fist full.

Tech Mom said...

yes I know what you mean about laundry--I am on the 3rd load and ready to iron. We did lawn and made it to S.S. as dad is leaving for LA and I couldn't start the weed whip myself. I am missing everyone--it is a lonely feeling for a while until we get adjusted.btw we had to buy a new coffee maker today--I burnt out our starbucks coffee maker in 1 1/2 years!! So I went with a Mr. coffee insulated maker --we'll try it for a change--caslon said to make sure I like it as I could still take it back if I don't like the coffee. So the first pot tasted good--it was done in 8 minutes so we'll give it 30 days and see how we like it.!!!

Grace said...

Glad your home safe and all had a wonderful time being together!

Anonymous said...

glad you are home safe and sound. finding yourself needing a vacation from your vacation?