It's HOT outside!
The forecasters predict the temp will reach 104 today. By the time we returned from our stroll at 8:50, I was sweating buckets. None of that Southern belle glistening going on here. Baby Bear didn't even protest going inside...
My hostas look like they won't make it, and a lot of the verbena have died. My little potted rose bush has about 2 leaves left. The cherry tomatoes don't seem to want to ripen. (I did try picking off some of the green ones to see if the others would ripen.) Something thinks my black-eyed susans are really yummy. I did trim off the dead day-lily and calla lily leaves, and pulled out the celosia, which just looked kind of funky and bushy. The chinese lantern plant, which looked half dead in its pot when we returned from vacation, is making a comeback. We do have about 7 cantaloupe plants growing from when my nieces planted their seeds... I hope they mature before we get a frost. (Of course, it doesn't seem like frost will come anytime soon around here. But weather is a crazy thing.)
The forecasters predict the temp will reach 104 today. By the time we returned from our stroll at 8:50, I was sweating buckets. None of that Southern belle glistening going on here. Baby Bear didn't even protest going inside...
My hostas look like they won't make it, and a lot of the verbena have died. My little potted rose bush has about 2 leaves left. The cherry tomatoes don't seem to want to ripen. (I did try picking off some of the green ones to see if the others would ripen.) Something thinks my black-eyed susans are really yummy. I did trim off the dead day-lily and calla lily leaves, and pulled out the celosia, which just looked kind of funky and bushy. The chinese lantern plant, which looked half dead in its pot when we returned from vacation, is making a comeback. We do have about 7 cantaloupe plants growing from when my nieces planted their seeds... I hope they mature before we get a frost. (Of course, it doesn't seem like frost will come anytime soon around here. But weather is a crazy thing.)
5 comments:
Sorry to hear your plants are so sad right now. Mine aren't doing well at all either. Can it be fall already??? :)
Technically it's still summer, but when school starts I think the temps should go down. I don't know why God doesn't listen to me about that, though. (It's not like I even have kids in school yet.)
I'm ready for jeans and long sleeved t-shirts shirts and cool breezes! And I want to plant some mums and not have them shrivel up on me!
btw, the girls thought it was cantaloupe pictures were great.
Sorry your plants are sad looking. Mine are looking poor too. I have lost quite a few and since we have been hot here the Yucca that I have been trying to kill for 2 years have peeked their leaves through the dirt and it is too hot to dig em up. Funny how the things I want to live aren't and the things I have done everything too, short of burning them are growing.
Nice weather will be here soon...I hope.
Ooo, long sleeved t-shirt, sounds nice. I heard on the news last night that of the past 23 days 22 have been 90deg or above!
Post a Comment