Monday, March 17, 2008

have seeds (or bulbs)... must plant
(and dreams of what's to come....)


It seems that seeds and bulbs burn a hole in my pocket faster than money. okay, as fast as cash.
I found some acidanthera bulbs at wal-mart, and couldn't resist... I probably should have waited another month to plant them, since they are supposed to be late summer bloomers. But since when have i been a patient person?

A few days ago, I planted some seeds for gaillardia aristata, which should look something like this if they come up:


i had originally planned to just fertilize some of my flowers with the free grounds from starbucks, but then the neighbor girls got so excited about helping me, i just had to let them. ;) they certainly saved me from having to squat so much.


of course, we currently have a couple of these daffodils
in bloom, with more coming.

Tulips like these are on their way:

I'm hoping these firecracker gladiolas and asiatic lillies will come up again, or at least the bulbs that I lifted last fall and plan to re-plant in a month or two (if i can wait that long). We're in zone 6b, so even non-perennial bulbs sometimes survive the winter, but it's a matter of luck:


The black-eyed susans from Gramma's farm in WI are showing signs of life
(not this much... another old pic),

as are my mums, which baby bear was watering in this pic from last fall:

I'll have to continue this virtual tour of what I'm looking forward to for this growing season, as I just received word that Baby Bear's big girl bed is coming from Grandaddy and GranWendy's house, and between the mountains of laundry and the mess in her room, I am not ready. :)

2 comments:

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

You have become quite the gardener, my friend! :)

Enjoyed chatting with you today!... I always enjoy our conversations. :) Hope you and Hannah had fun picking up rocks this afternoon... :0)

Anonymous said...

I am ready to plant, too!