Hidden danger of parking close to the garden department
I initially began parking close to the garden center at the superstore last fall or winter, because there were always closer spots available. I would rather walk through the store than across the parking lot, a target for whomever might be looking for a victim.
Well, in addition to a few groceries/household items, tonight I left with 1 white/mauve centered clematis plant for my mailbox, a 6-pack of purple salvia, and 2 pretty pink columbines. Bear played with her bubbles and chased a neighbor's cat (which is going to get picked up by animal control some day if they continue to let it roam. or worse.) A couple of neighbor girls stopped to play with her, and one wanted to help me plant my flowers. I <3 purple flowers, by the way. Who am I kidding? I <3 flowers period. I justify it by convincing myself the flowers would have cost more at a fancy garden center, and that you have to pick the best colors before they get picked over. Anyway, I think it's time for a trip to starbucks to pick up a load of natural fertilizer (coffee grounds). (Some of my previous loads mildewed in their bags the garage, so the garbage can is REALLY heavy this week.)
Still hoping my calla lily plants come back... So far, there is no sign of them. It might be too early. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment