Last night I took a step at getting out of that rut:

shrimp scampi with bowtie pasta and sweet red peppers
I basically followed the recipe on the back of a 1 lb frozen bag of pre-cooked shrimp from-walmart. I added the peppers because they were on hand and needed to be eaten, and hubby doesn't munch on them raw. I also threw in some fresh oregano from my "illegal" herb pot in the backyard (which I am submitting an approval request for just to play nice). And lots of ground black pepper, salt, and fresh garlic... and 1 tsp more butter than the recipe called for.
Hubby liked it, bear liked it, and I liked it. It would have been better with fresh gulf shrimp in our beach rental home in Gulf Shores, but I am just glad to have something else to add to my meager selection of dishes. And I think it tasted at least as good as some dishes I've had in restaurants, at a fraction of the cost! It even looks pretty in my blue plates, unlike some dishes!
I basically followed the recipe on the back of a 1 lb frozen bag of pre-cooked shrimp from-walmart. I added the peppers because they were on hand and needed to be eaten, and hubby doesn't munch on them raw. I also threw in some fresh oregano from my "illegal" herb pot in the backyard (which I am submitting an approval request for just to play nice). And lots of ground black pepper, salt, and fresh garlic... and 1 tsp more butter than the recipe called for.
Hubby liked it, bear liked it, and I liked it. It would have been better with fresh gulf shrimp in our beach rental home in Gulf Shores, but I am just glad to have something else to add to my meager selection of dishes. And I think it tasted at least as good as some dishes I've had in restaurants, at a fraction of the cost! It even looks pretty in my blue plates, unlike some dishes!
2 comments:
That looks good--I think dad would like it too--I will try it sometime!
looks very good and pretty
Post a Comment