Friday, April 18, 2008

milestone for hubby

He drove his new ride to work today. He dropped his laptop and things off at the office on his way back into town last night after working "out west" (within state). I knew this beautiful weather had to be making him antsy.

No cops have come to my door to express condolences, so I'm assuming he made it safely.
***
I had to laugh to myself as one of our non-motorcycle riding guy friends tried to pick Hubby's brain about the appeal of bikes. Apparently the bug has never really bit him like it bites other men/boys.

Of course, when the exterminator sales guys were making their rounds, I got to come across as the cool wife as they drooled over hubby's toy while interrupting me from bringing in groceries. (They did offer to help, but do I look stupid? I don't let strange men into my house.) Still, I told them he found it on craigslist. But in my mind, they were younger college-age guys who haven't earned their bikes yet. Hubby waited a long time for his.

No comments: