Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's National Scrapbook Month

Carolyn, over at Scrapping Servant, is hosting a blog party to celebrate. (See the button or her link in my sidebar.)
Now, personally, I enjoy scrapbooking, but am WAY behind. embarassingly behind. So this little blog party might just motivate me to get a few pages done. I have enough papers and embellishments to do some basic layouts, so I really have no excuse. They may not win an award from Creating Keepsakes, but something has got to be better than leaving my pics on the hard drive.

Anyone care to join me in dusting off their supplies and getting scrap happy? How about if we set small goals...

1) make a list of 10 pages to complete (or whatever # is achievable for you)
2) find pics in storage (online or printed stacks, whatever is your "pile up" of choice and organize them. If they are not printed, get them printed.
3) Design and create at least one layout a week for the rest of the month... the list of 10 will give us something to keep working toward.

Baby steps, people, baby steps...

Let me know if you are going to play along! And jump on over to Carolyn's to see what giveaways are going on for the par-tay!

8 comments:

crt said...

maybe some other month...ahhh sweet procrastination....:-)i have to finished emmy's lamp embellishment before i can start on another project. if i don't finish before grandma's, i might bring it along and make it a family project...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great challenge and I think I will try to accomplish some of those this month :)
It's great to meet you and your blog is awesome!
Happy National Scrapbooking Month!
~ Lisa aka TheScrapPrincess

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you set goals! That's what Scapping Sunday helps me with.

Welcome to the party my dear, now go print those pics, lol! :o)

Lauren said...

That sounds like a detailed lamp embellishment! Can't wait to see what you're up to!

Unknown said...

This is a great list. I am going to try to do it. I am really behind on my 2nd son's book. His first birthday is Thursday and I am probably up to 5 or 6 months! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the scrapping party. Happy scrapping!

Wani said...

Happy Blog Party! I really enjoyed checking out your blog. C'mon over to Wani's World sometime!

Forgetfulone said...

I'm in. I don't know if I can do one layout a week for the next couple of weeks with school ending and being so busy, but I am going to try! During the summer, a page a day would be great for me because I am so far behind. It's nice to meet you!