Thursday, May 08, 2008

We came home from Memphis today, and of course the addict had to see what's new in my flowerbed. Yes, almost immediately.....


"Gold Glow" rose bush

(5/9)

...not bad for $5 at Wal-mart. There are at least 3 more buds in addition to the bloom. In the first photo, I believe the blanketflower (gaillardia) seeds I planted have resulted in what I hope will be one plant (the thing growing to the left). The Blue Girl Rose is running behind this one. It doesn't get the sun quite as early in the day. No buds on that one yet, but the leaves are coming in. I read that it doesn't tolerate the extreme heat quite as much, but hopefully the spot I chose for it is not too shady!

I baked tilapia and sauteed yellow squash for dinner tonight. I love sales on fresh seafood at Publix! If my dishes would just do themselves, I would be a very happy girl. We went for a walk with Bear, who asked for the stroller, but around the halfway point decided she wanted to run free. She only wiped out on the sidewalk a couple of times.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Care to share a talapia recipe? I have been wanting to learn how to select and cook fish but it's very intimidating. (No idea why.)

Hope all is well with oyu and the little one.

Sarah (from CCC)