maternal instincts (warning, might be tmi if you aren't a woman, or one who has ever been pregnant)
It's funny how when you're pregnant, your body knows exactly what to do and when. Apparently mine has decided that it's time to start producing food, or the precursors to feed, for the little one, even though he won't be born for a while yet, Lord willing. I guess holding a rooting 3 month old in your arms (or being in the same room) does that. ;)
Some of our good friends came over tonight. They included two of my college roommates, the hubby and adorable daughters of one of them and another friend from college. I am so thankful that God has given me friends with whom to walk through life with, even from a distance at times.
Bear enjoyed playing with Caroline, and doted on baby Kimberly. She wanted to help put her paci in her mouth, and she even "held" her on the couch, with the support of a big pillow and myself. I love seeing her tender heart come out with the little ones. Though she was not an angel every second (and even showed some of her toddler temper at times), and did not want to share every little thing the whole time we had visitors, she did pretty well overall. I hope she is as gentle and patient with her little brother when he arrives.
3 comments:
So glad the visit went well! :) My two year old bit, kicked and hit my friend's daughter tonite so it sounds like Bear did a GREAT job! :)
i'm sure bear will do a great job!
I always found the process of pregnancy to be completely amazing too.
I'm sure your little guy will have a wonderful big sister.
Post a Comment