Friday, July 11, 2008

Baby prep...

Tonight, I finally emptied all but one drawer of the dresser we'll use for little guys clothes. The remaining drawer holds some miscellaneous gift-wrapping supplies which need to join the rest in a closet. Next step: line the drawers. I'm debating between splurging on scented drawer liner or just sticking with plain wax paper. I've heard of lining the drawers with wrapping paper from baby gifts, but these days most people seem to be using gift bags with tissue paper. (Including myself.) So, it will most likely be the wax paper.

Space is tricky. We have a bedroom set in our guest room which includes a wide dresser, a tall dresser, and a full sized bed. The kids' room has the crib (currently still toddler bed awaiting hubby's help), a small book cabinet, a dresser, and Bear's twin-sized bed. If we moved the book shelf upstairs, we could fit a small taller dresser in that corner, but then that would disrupt our bedtime routine of choosing stories and crawling onto the bed. So I decided to utilize the wide dresser in the guest room for our little guy's clothes and changing station. (I don't think I could manage to use the one dresser effectively for both kids' clothing. If you know me, you know why.) With so much of our family living out of town, we just can't afford to get rid of our guest room. And the sweet thing is that Bear already knows that the crib will be her brother's. She points it out just before laying down for a nap. Hopefully she won't think the laundry is supposed to be there all the time and dump clothes on top of him once he is here.

Wooden letters were purchased on sale at Joann's for 99 cents a piece, they just need a little sanding before painting.

Anyway, that's a glimpse of what's going on to prepare for our new addition. God apparently did not gift me with the pregnancy-long nesting instinct, so I am trying to be purposeful and do a little at a time before it gets too difficult. That means I need to stop taking that afternoon nap when Bear naps... and if I do that, perhaps insomnia won't be as much of a problem.

2 comments:

Tech Mom said...

You are coming fine--just a little each day and soon it will be done!!

zann said...

I wish I could find wooden letters on sale. We have no Joanns.. and Michaels doesn't have them - hense we still have nothing spelled. *sigh*