Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Almost 35 week check up

Bear and I went for my check-up at the OB today. It was an uneventful belly check and pee-in-a-cup visit. The Group B strep test will be in 2 more weeks at my next visit, and after that I'll go every week until Little Guy decides he's had enough of being inside.

Mommy's weigh in: 162 lbs (up 2 from 2 weeks ago)
BP: 100/60
Little Man's Heartbeat: 156 BPM. He had Whole Foods' pure cane sugar ginger ale and some candy before we went in, so I think that got him moving. Gotta love mommy's strange cravings.

Dr. S said it feels like he's head down, but of course it's early enough that he could reposition himself if he wanted to. Still, based on the fact that I feel him at both extremes of my abdomen, I think I'll feel if he does a complete 180. So that means the hard thing at various spots I keep feeling between my belly and ribs must be his buttocks.

I went to print out my birth plan this morning, a FYI list of preferences for labor and delivery, and the printer was out of ink. Grrr... Oh, well, I've already verbally told the OB's my preferences, and hopefully well get ink between now and the next visit.

While we waited in the waiting room, a Daddy and his two beautiful daughters shared their toys with Bear while they were waiting for their Mom during her check-up. His younger daughter appeared to be around Bear's age, but was actually six years old. She has Down's syndrome, and will be a big sister to a little boy come October-something. They seemed like such a sweet family, and when I asked the 8 year old if she liked being a big sister, she said she loves it and can't wait to have a brother. Awwww... no mention of her younger sister's struggles, just her love for her. Bear did not appear to notice that the younger girl was different, either.

1 comment:

MommaJenn said...

Wow, time really goes by fast, doesn't it? Both of my girls were born in the heat of summer. One in August and one in September. It's great that you are doing so well. I bet Hannah is getting so excited. Children are so innocent and sweet, if only we could keep them that way forever.