Monday, July 28, 2008

36-ish week check-up

Baby's HB: 158 bpm
Fundal Height: "perfectly on track"
My BP: good
My weight: 166... up 4 lbs... it's the thick jeans, i swear! i wasn't wearing my thick, long jeans with big-ol' belly band last week.
group b strep: awaiting results
and since she was already invading my privacy, and my curiousity got the best of me, she checked for the following:

dilation- 1 cm
effacement- 50%

Those stats don't mean anything as far as when to expect our little guy to push his way out, but it is nice to know my body is getting ready for the big day.

I'm meeting my prospective doula in person tonight. :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Have fun meeting your doula! It's getting so close, very exciting. At least for those of us who don't have the task of actually birthing the baby!

A + J said...

I saw that you are hoping for as few interventions as possible with the baby's birth. I thought I'd share my two sense on the topic. I wanted to have Graham without any meds and thankfully it all worked out. I didn't have a doula, but my nurse fit the role, so I know having a doula will really help make this possible. It helped to go into the delivery room knowing what I wanted and having a husband, doctor, and nurse who were all supportive of helping me do it. I took the contractions one at a time and stayed as calm as possible during them (ie not screaming). I spent a lot of time praying about it and asking the Lord to enable me to do what he created my body to do. With His strength I was able to deliver all 9 pounds 5 ounces of Graham without any medication. I hope the delivery works out the way you want it to. He'll be here before you know it!!

Jackie Rosolowski