Monday, January 01, 2007

Here's my list for Finding Focus Assignment #1:
(Remember, the prompt said the sky is the limit and now is not the time to be reasonable.)

Personal
-Become more self-disciplined
-Make fewer excuses
-Procrastinate less
-Balance my time more wisely; limit online time when necessary
-Connect with close friends on a more regular basis (in addition to online)
-Have date-nights with hubby more than once this year
-Continue to seek wise guidance re: medical issues
-Revamp wardrobe

Spiritual
-Read through the Bible
-Consistent time with the Lord
-Personal Reconciliation in area I've been wrestling with

Family
-Be hubby's helpmeet; take more initiative with certain things at home
-Be baby-bear's Teacher as well as Mommy: Set a good example for her,
spend lots of quality time with her, step out of my comfort zone to
make our daily routine more fun and educational
-Beach Vacation!
-Visit cousin's family on Sapelo Island
-Visit Brother and his wife at seminary
-Send pictures to Gramma monthly, since she doesn't have internet access
-Visit Gramma in WI
-Get all birthdays on wall calendar

Household
-Establish daily task/goal list
-Establish weekly routine for chores
-Plan meals more effectively/cook more frequently
-Save more money on groceries to help stay within our budget
-Declutter bedrooms:master, guest, nursery
-Deep clean kitchen & bathroom cabinets
-Hang broom rack in utility room
-Add shelves to kitchen dish and glass cabinets (1 each)
-Add shelves or cabinets in utility room
-Get rid of my clothes that aren't being used
-Organize old baby clothes
-Get bookshelf for our bedroom

Hobbies
-Have piano tuned by a professional
-learn at least 2 new arrangements or songs
-polish up old arrangements
-organize desk
-read 6 new books this year (or more)
-Organize/inventory scrapbooking supplies
-Finish Hannah's 1st year scrapbook (I'm on page 3)
-Go on a (short) family hike in Smokies, Fall Creek Falls or another park
-organize old photos- already printed
-organize digital photos- and print those needed for scrapbook and sharing

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your list looks great! :)

Grace said...

Looks great, good luck!! You're gonna be busy!! Inkling's gonna be jealous if you go to Fall Creek Falls, she loves it there!!

FarmWife said...

Wow! What a list! Here's hoping you can tackle at least part of it!

FarmWife said...

BTW, Inkling won't be the only jealous one! I haven't been to FCF in 12 years!

Lauren said...

It's been a while since I've been there, too. My Dad took my Senior pictures there... I think we went a couple of times when I was in college, but I'd say it's been several years since I was there last.

Like I said in my disclaimer, the instructions to write everything down... the prioritizing will be the hard part. Oh yeah and completing.