multi-tasking, anyone?
i, unlinke my sisters-in-law and younger sister, do not typically multi-task well. my mom refers to herself as one-at-a-time wendy, and i inherited that trait. however, i also try not to let that stop me... too much.
baby-bear's lunchtime attempt to feed herself strawberry applesauce with a spoon resulted in a little mess. consequently, she needed a bath. while she played in the tub, i cleaned the mirror, sink, counter, and toilet. she found the mirror cleaning and toilet scrubbing quite amusing. she also figured out how to blow bubbles in the bathwater as she lay on her tummy. i've been waiting for that to happen. i haven't bothered showing her because i figured she would discover it in her own time.
later, i took care of the mirrors, counter, and toilet in the other bathroom. she was not happy when i shut her out of the bathroom so i could scrub the toilet without her getting her hands anywhere nearby. i could have sworn she said "open!" as she banged on the door from the bedroom, but i was probably imagining things. maybe i should have just set her in the dry tub so she wouldn't hang from my legs as i tried to clean the rest....
10 comments:
Just go with it okay... she did indeed say "open"... I can feel it. Bee started saying things around her age... it can happen!
I think she said yellow when she picked up a ball, and bounce when we were playing with tennis balls, too... not clearly, of course...
Cute! Sounds like she likes to be where ever you are.
BTW I have a question... What is this "multitasking" you speak of? It sounds marvelous. LOL I can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. Occasionally I get stuff done while I'm on the phone, but more often than not I just sit on the couch and chat... pittiful.
my point exactly. multitasking and i aren't good friends. usually i end up breaking something in the process.
yup, she likes to be near us. unless we tell her it's naptime or bedtime. then she runs the other direction.
em loves to multi-task. she asks if we can do it all the time. "i have an idea, let's multi-task!" it sounds hysterical coming out of her little mouth.
If I could multitask, I probably wouldn't feel so guilty about blogging while everyone was awake. At least then I could talk to them and read, check homework and type, or do Bee's hair while I checked back to see if anyone has responded to one of my comments on their blogs. Oh brother... I thought I was doing better, but apparently the addiction is still there.
To answer your question from the other day... yes, we did get snow, but not as much as Indi did. The snow turned toward the south a little and hit them... but it was still a crazy trip to church on Sunday morning. I slid most of the way there!! Yikes!!
good job Hannah--keep mommy guessing all the time!!
Post a Comment