Friday, April 06, 2007

bah humbug

we actually had snow flurries for about 3 minutes this afternoon. brrrr.... note to self: don't plant annuals before May 1st, or at least until after Easter. no matter how desolate and bleak the flower bed looks. tucking your daughter in at night is priceless. plants? not so much.


baby bear and i loved having company today. visit hannah-bear's cave to see pics. while ballerina and i were in card-making mood and baby bear napped, we also put together a couple of scrapbook pages. i think i'm on day 4 of bear's life now.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

We're supposed to have snow tonight into tomorrow. :( I am hoping that doesn't happen - I really thought we were finished with the white stuff! And I got home too late tonight to cover the tulips...I hope they are ok out there. Crazy weather!

Anonymous said...

Ooops did you get our snow flurries? I bet your green babies will be happy and healthy. Much TLC from you..(I on the other hand have such a brown thumb..not inheritted of course)

Hugs

Lauren said...

We've had sporadic flurries for the past 24 hours. Nothing has stuck... they look like dandruff floating through the air. It sure is chilly.

I saw at least 1 other home with sheets over their flower bed as we drove through the neighborhood.

happymcfamily said...

What is this? A day without a blog update? Maybe I just haven't waited long enough... you still have 1 hour and 57 minutes left to get one in today (Saturday)...

Nan said...

We had snow yesterday too. And my yard looks very similar to yours. We had a busy day today and I didn't uncover, so I'm a little worried about that. First thing in the morning I'll get out there and do that.

My hub always says not to plant until Mother's Day, but it's hard to go by Lowes and see the pretty flowers and not buy.