Thursday, April 19, 2007

flowering thoughts!!

We bought a bag of 3 lavender calla lily rhizomes and a bag of 5 white Asiatic hybrid lily bulbs with deep red centers, according to the packages. $6 each at Superstore. The gladioli we bought at the old Wal-mart seem to have taken well, as more spikes pop up every day! I've also decided that what I thought were the old calla spikes may actually be glad spikes. I guess we''ll find out in a few weeks! (I noticed the package of the new ones says to pull them up before frost and store them. I could have sworn nursery guy said they should hold up ok in this climate when we bought them last yearAnd we bought a larger watering can so I can quit unrolling the hose (or making multiple trips with the tiny watering can) every time I want to water my babies. The little one I bought a few weeks ago is pink and cute, but only covers a couple of plants. It's perfect for Baby-Bear, though. We also bought her a $1 plastic scoop and rake set. They will be great at the beach in August (if we remember to pack them), and I won't have to worry about her running around with my metal garden spade.

Hubby is home safe and sound, and Baby Bear was thrilled to see her Daddy when we walked out of her room after reading a story together. I'm on the old computer, craning my neck because this desk wasn't really designed for a full-sized monitor, and the screen I have to use sits 2 feet above the keyboard. It's actually quite good for my typing habits. The distance makes it harder to watch my fingers as I type. In his true form, he is catching up the bills. I thank God that he likes to do that. Well, except when I want to go an an uncontrollable spending spree and remember I'm married to the receipt police (not to mention a SAHM without an extra income.)

I have become increasingly content with my current state of circumstances in the past couple of weeks. Even with hubby travelling. I am blessed with a loving husband who is patient with all my faults and quirks, and a beautiful daughter who blossoms more every day. The laundry and chores are just little parts of life, and if our clothes are a little wrinkled because we decided to play outside or read a few extra books, so be it.


Now to figure out how to print photos on my "new" printer.... Great Gramma needs to see Baby Bear's curls!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your time with hubby and baby bear.

Unknown said...

It's nice to feel that contentness isn't is?

Lauren said...

Very nice.:-)