Inkling's Homemade Resurrection Eggs
Are you trying find a way to keep the true meaning of Easter from being overshadowed by the Easter Bunny?
As I wandered through a dollar store yesterday, I considered puchasing an Easter basket and some small toys for Baby Bear. They also had adorable little hats and purses. I reconsidered, and ended up buying what I went in there for- a spray bottle so I can spritz her curlz with water to help tame them. And bottlecap candy, and some barrets and a headband. Ok, so those weren't on the original list.
Anyway, I'm by no means opposed to the Easter Bunny. One of our family's treasured childhood traditions was finding the Easter basket. We had the same basket every year, filled with candy, perhaps a small toy or two, and as we grew older... nylons (in their large egg, of course) and chapstick. Hubby and I haven't talked about when we'll start this tradition for Baby Bear. It's not like she needs the candy or the toys. (It's not like she needed the happy meal toy yesterday, either. Or the fries.)
Anyway, my friend Inkling has been working diligently on a project for the kiddos at her church. Check it out.
Here's an article I found on crosswalk.com about family Easter traditions.
5 comments:
uh oh..Easter Bunny hits our house hard with the kids and hubby.
oh, I'm sure this tradition will continue for us, too.. at the very least, we've been munching on starburst jelly beans for a couple of weeks now!
The gks get overloaded with candy. I usually send them on an Easter egg hunt with paper eggs and puzzle pieces in the house to get small prizes, but I love the eggs Inkling is making. I hope to do that for the gkids Sunday.
Lauren, I took a second and uploaded the brochure I'm putting in our resurrection eggs on my blog. I know, I know. I wasn't going to post until next week. But it only took a few minutes, and I figured it might help anyone who was thinking of doing it.
Very cool! THANKS!
Post a Comment