Monday, April 09, 2007

We had a good weekend, culminating in dinner and dessert at my Mom and Dad's house. Baby Bear and Juliana loved playing with the grass from the easter basket, even more than the plastic eggs.

Hubby and I have diligently covered our annuals for the past few nights, and so far it looks like we have only lost the 2 cherry tomato plants for certain. A couple of verbena appear to have been nibbled by either a very hungry caterpillar or a pesky rodent of some other type, and one of the celosia looks pretty brown, but some green remains, so I have not given up hope for its survival. Even the snapdragons MAY pull through. Baby Bear had fun helping me water the flowers today.

Last week, I bought a pink watering can that is small enough for her to hold, but she prefers to try to drink from it over watering the plants with it. The water spiggot fascinates her, too, which is no surprise, considering she figured out how to bathe her teddy bear under the bathtub faucet all by herself.

A minute ago, she was rolling on the floor with a clean diaper, as if to say "change me". She has since retreated back to her bedroom and is squealing as her Daddy, who just walked in the front door calls, "Where's bear?"

Life is good.

7 comments:

Maria said...

washing a teddy bear under the bath tub faucet isn't quite as bad a giving a musical puppy a bath in the TOILET along with a beloved afghan called "Stinky".

Lauren said...

LOL. Nope I'd have to agree, it's not nearly as bad! So far Baby Bear hasn't gotten into lifting up the toilet seat... yet. She did drag the little potty throne-seat that my mom has for her grandkids around their house yesterday. But it was clean,so that was no big deal.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Oh life does sound good, very good.

Tech Mom said...

they were great pictures on Hannah's blog--she certainly had a look that I have seen before in her dad!!!

Caslon said...

Sounds like you had a nice Easter.

Lauren said...

Yes, all the mischievous looks are from her Daddy, of course! I hope to post some more pics from this weekend soon, but I actually had a life today. LOL. We went to Mom's HEART meeting @ church, where she played hard in the nursery, took a nap when we got home, had a late lunch upon awaking from the nap, and played outside as previously mentioned. She crashed right around 7:15. Tomorrow we're going to visit her friend Isabella.

Plants are covered one last time... just in case the 33 degress forecasted is a little higher than the actual temp. I'm not about to let our hard work go to waste!

'Nitey-nite!

Anonymous said...

Here's to hoping you lose no more plants that have been tenderly planted and cared for up to now. We've had rain, and strong wind. Rain is forcasted all week. Oh Joy..Life is Great!!