Thursday, June 28, 2007

Counting down...

If you scroll to the bottom of my blog, you'll find a ticker. Not a tick, a tick-er.
I've purchased a couple of things in preparation, plus we have some supplies from the last time we went to the beach 3 years ago. I THINK I can fit into my old swimsuits again, but I would still like to splurge on a new one. The "bikini" is definitely out of the question, with stretch marks and a still flabby baby tummy not appropriate to bare. Ok, so they are not really appropriate to bare without stretch marks. And then there's the "what if my toddler yanks off the top (or bottoms, for that matter)" That could be VERY bad. Very, very bad. I do have a tankini and a one piece that used to fit. I guess I will be trying them on again soon.

I've been meaning to make a list in an excel spreadsheet, but I am going to go ahead and do it right here on my blog. Why? Because. It's my blog, and when I come back to post, I will have a reminder.

Beach Bum Supplies on Hand

kick board
beach umbrella
4 USA beach towels (I'm sick of these, we use them as bear's bath towels)
Blue Lizard Lotion
Aloe Very gel (somewhere)
Bear's swimsuits (2)- 1 red with fishies, 1 pink with flowers
3/4 pack of lil swimmers
buckets & shovels (2 buckets, 2 regular shovels, 1 scoop, 1 rake to be exact)
small cooler and cooler bag
water-proof sandals for Bear (would like swim shoes, but we'll see)
sunglasses for Bear
sun hat for bear
terry cover up for Bear
same coverups I used the last time for me (again, I want new ones)
foldable chairs?
blue vinyl coated esprit bag for a beach bag
bear's backpack

Things I want or NEED
sunglasses for me
2 BIG beach blankets, new beach towels
floatie toys for Bear
new swimsuit
tennis balls (I have a racket, the community we're staying in has tennis courts, might as well pretend I learned something in that 1 semester course)
chap stick
flip flops and/or crocs for me (the black plastic shoes i've had for over 10 years are giving up the ghost.)
a new beach bag- 1 for my stuff


Okay, that's my stream-of-consciousness post for today. I wish I knew what happened to the photos I took while we were there. I think it was before I had my digital camera. Maybe I can convince someone to go through their archives and post a teaser pick of what we'll have to look forward to on her blog? Caslon? crt? anyone?


We'll be sharing a house with Hubby's side of the family. It will be Bear's first trip to the ocean. I can't wait to see her response to the sand, the ocean, the pool, the animals that we don't have here. I wonder if the girls would enjoy a dolphin watch boat ride as much as I liked whale watches of Cape Cod. I want to come up with a keepsake/craft for the girls to make to remember the trip by. Bear's a little young, but perhaps a jelly jar of seashells on her knick-knack shelf would be enough? Or a dried starfish?

1 month and 1 week from now my list will be a thing of the past and I'll be enjoying family time and firsts of my daughter. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy every second. sounds like a blast