Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wordless Wednesday

Taken this morning:
1st asiatic hybrid lily bloom


1st firecracker gladiola blooms peeking from behind the holly bush

(For more WW posts, go to 5 minutes for mom or the WW HQ.
To see my WW pics of the loves of my life, visit Hannah-Bear's Cave.)

14 comments:

MorningSong said...

very pretty.

Happy ww

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Oh how beautiful. I love flower pictures. I am so glad I came to visit. Thanks for visiting mine and come back soon my blogging friend. Happy WW.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ():)

Lauren said...

just a sidenote:

the "freckles" in the lily look more purple than they did in the picture on the package... i'm glad.

you can't tell on here, but there are tiny spots of yellow in the glads, and i am curious to see whether or not they become more visible (and live up to their "firecracker" name) as the flowers grow.

Baby Bear helped me water again this morning... and we actually took a break from watering yesterday!

zann said...

ooooh I like the Asiatic Hybrid Lily. Sooo pretty.

Anonymous said...

wow--great shots!! Have a great wednesday.

Sara said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My Goodness are those beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! My lilies haven't bloomed yet, but they are getting close. I can't wait!

Mommy to 4 little people said...

Your flowers are beuatiful. I wish I did not have a black thumb.....I can't grow anything.

Lauren said...

I've babied them this summer... I bought the bulbs for these at wal-mart. Right now it looks like only one of the 5 lily bulbs while flower... the others growth seems to have been stunted. The glads, on the other hand, took very well. And I'm pretty sure we're far enough south that I don't have to pull them out in the fall so they don't freeze to death.

As your kids get older, maybe you could experiment together? Hannah already loves "helping" me.

The verbena and snapdragons I planted are not doing as well.. and the purple calla lilies don't look like they will bloom this year.

So for any of you who think I've got a green thumb... I don't, really. But I try to follow planting recommendations (shade, sun, etc...), throw some miracle grow on the plants every couple of weeks, and water them regularly. Our lawn does not get such royal treatment... it's barely surviving this drought. You just can't take it personally when things die!

ginny said...

Gorgeous! How I wish I could get something that looked like those to grow...or stay alive, really! Happy WW.

Anonymous said...

I love the top picture..It's very pretty

Shawn said...

Lovely. Just lovely. I want those for my table.

Christi said...

The lilies are gorgeous - I especially like the red one.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!