my latest kitchen experiment is about to begin...
Banana Tres Leches Dessert
Wish me luck! I couldn't find coconut milk, so I am using crema de coco even though the recipe says not to. Another recipe had crema de coco in it, so I figure why not try... should be really rich.
And I have to figure out how to toast coconut for the garnishment...I'm guessing put it on foil in the oven til it browns slightly?
6 comments:
I've never toasted coconut but could you do it on the range in a skillet? The oven sounds good too! Have fun, sounds yummy!
I found a recipe...
http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blhelp3.htm
The cake is soaking in the milks in the oven. I used 1/4 c 2% and 1/4 crema de coco (coconut creme) instead of 1/2 c coconut milk, since I was there when crt wen't through her raw coconut ordeal. The liquid mix sure smelled yummy....
final steps... spread cool whip over top as frosting, sprinkle with toasted coconut!
labor intensive (moreso than what i normally bake), but should be well worth it.
I mean, the cake is setting in the fridge... the toasted coconut came out perfectly,and was SO easy.
mmmm, sounds really good
That sounds soooooo good!! Too bad you live so far away!! I have a question.... can you subscrie to people's blogs like you can on Xanga? How do you do it? I'm so lost on here. =)
anyone else have any tips for windy?
Post a Comment