is it really... rain?
We were awakened by a rainstorm around 5 a.m. I smiled and went back to sleep. No need to worry about watering my flowers before heading to FBA!!! It did not last long, but the ground was still damp when we got up a couple of hours later. Yahoo!
Just a few minutes ago, we got another pop-up shower. It was short but heavy. The new neighbor must be moving in across the street... I see painters, and there was a uhaul in the driveway a while ago. Looks like she's not wasting any time with the home-improvement projects. And an empty house is always easier to paint than one that's full of furniture. Right Caslon?
My feet are sore. It's been fun to be in the middle of the action during FBA. Tiring, but fun. The kids love making visors. I'm actually surprised that even the boys are getting into decorating theirs. Baby Bear and I ate at chik-fil-a for lunch. A rare treat for both of us. I love their lemonade, and she discovered that she loves dipping her fries in honey mustard. She tried ketchup, too, but prefers the honey mustard. I had to pull the sauce out of her reach at one point so she would actually eat her fry instead of quadruple dipping it. Oh, and she devoured much of her fruit cup and about 2 1/2 nuggets.
I'm going to see if we can nap... even if she just plays in her crib, I'll be happy. Mommy needs a nap.
3 comments:
We need rain so bad around here. We keep getting these little sprinkles for about 10 minutes that make us want more, but then nothing happens. Our grass looks awful, but I'm one of those people who thinks that if it hasn't rained for awhile, water shouldn't be wasted on grass, plants and gardens once a day, yes, but it drives me crazy when I see someone with a sprinkler on their grass. That's just my opinionated opinion on the subject (not that you asked for it).
I love Chick-fil-e. It's the best fast-food place around, but it's expensive, so it's also a rare treat in our house. Now I want it though, maybe tomorrow for lunch!
yeah. if I didn't have my precious flowers, I wouldn't bother. But taking care of them is right up there with my blogging addiction. Our grass is like dried hay, though. Except immediately around the flowerbeds. Don't know if we've had enough to help, but hey.. I think it was enough to keep me from having to water.
you are quite the busy girl...Enjoy the rain, even if it's a little.
Post a Comment