Did i mention how tall my glads are getting?
A couple of them are approaching 3 feet tall. Maybe 4. I might get my tape measure out when they start blooming, which should be this week. Guess that's what happens when you water things daily.
The bright red is going to be very cheery... VERY bright. Hopefully they won't clash with our brick. On the other hand, even if they do, it will be nice to have some color. We aren't watering our grass enough to keep it green.
I love fresh picked green beans. I boiled them with fresh garlic, olive oil, and fresh herbs, then added butter to them at the end. MMMM.... in case you couldn't tell, I am so relieved they actually grew. I have not had luck growing veggies other than cherry tomatoes in the pots. Even having one decent picking of beans is an improvement. Even if I am the only one who eats more than a token amount. (Bar-b-cutie has convinced baby bear that southern-style green beans are the best. While they are good, I prefer mine to still have nutrients left in them.) We opted to grill the rest of the groundbeef for burgers instead of make pasta... I don't mind when hubby cooks! Baby Bear could have been a perfect WI cheese commercial as she ate her melted cheese from her 1/2 cheesburger. "Mmm, cheese, mmm!!!"
I'm pondering my tackle for tomorrow's Tackle It Tuesday... I am stumped. Overwhelmed, actually. There are lots of things I need to do, and as always, I struggle to move beyond the basic necessities like cleaning the bathroom. There are stacks of clutter in various corners, there's the top of my dresser that has not been visible in months... the drawers that barely shut, probably because there are still some size 6 or 8 pre-marriage and baby weight gain shorts in them that must go... and then there's the closet. Ugh. Oh, and for those of you who haven't had kids yet, unless you are my skinny sister in law, you will not fit into a smaller size even if you drop down to your pre-pregnancy weight. It's not that simple. There's a little stretching which occurs in the whole birthing process that doesn't reverse easily. Not sure if c-sections make shrinking any easier or not... that would be one vain reason to have one electively if they do.
I am finally establishing a habit of straightening the living room and kitchen before bed, and I must admit, it feels good to look down and see the floor. And to not accidentally step on blocks as I go downstairs. 2 days down, how many to go before it's truly a habit?
3 comments:
Ugg... that dresser top is my nemesis.
what about your skinny sister?
i'm not sure if she's technically back to pere-prego size or less yet.. but i know you are. hee hee!
Post a Comment