Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday-Joy




This week's theme for Thankful Thursday is "Joy".

How fitting, since I have been on a hormonal roller coaster this week, struggling to look past how I feel and embrace life. So here are some things which bring me joy, especially when I want to just stay in bed or sit on the couch:

  • Our toddler. She is so busy, so joyful, and so affectionate. Her belly-laugh fills any room.
  • My hubby. He is very patient during the tough times, understanding & even helped with dinner by grilling what I prepared 2 days in a row!
  • These cruddy symptoms should be gone before we leave for our family vacation in Gulf Shores next week.
  • The Lord's faithfulness IS new every morning. Just because I had a rough day yesterday (note- not 1 thing on my weekly tackle list got done), doesn't mean today has to be a repeat. Now, where is that ibuprofen? It's easier to be joyful when the wonders of science have kicked in!
  • Blue's Room DVD- I can go get a shower while BabyBear has a playdate with her friends on the tv screen.
  • Rain. We had more rain storms yesterday afternoon. (The crabgrass is thriving. At least it's green.) The day lillies and black-eyed susans are flowering. Oh, so are the pink spirea shrubs. Their bloom is so delicate, reminds me a little of queen-anne's lace, but it is pink and smaller.
May the joy of the Lord be our strength today!

9 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

What a wonderful blog you've created! I've enjoyed exploring it today!
Tonni
http://hopehasreturned.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Toddlers...Hubbies...God's faithfulness...Blue's Room...Rain...

Amen!

Have a blessed day!

Reese

Diane Viere said...

Your post left me feeling JOYFUL! It really isn't about what happens in our day...it's about how we choose to focus that makes the difference.

Blessings!

Diane

Anonymous said...

The flowers sound lovely. Hope you are all better soon...

Denise said...

Praying for you dear one, be blessed.

Aunt Angie said...

Totally understand the "roller coaster of hormones!" It can be a booger. You have a sweet 'thankful list'. God bless you!

Jenileigh said...

Great Thankful list! I enjoyed it! God Bless You!

Hopeful Spirit said...

I remember the days of being thankful for a nice, hot shower with no interruptions from the baby! Brings back memories . . . it ends too quickly.

Blessings to you!

Mary said...

Children's belly laughs are the best!! We've had so much rain, which is a huge blessing for the crops, but everyone's yards are filling up with water grass. Ugh! Praise God for His wonderful faithfulness. Hope you're feeling better. Have fun on your vacation. :) Blessings.