Anybody know what breeds of lizards are native to middle TN?
About a month ago, a leathery lizard, about 2 or 3 inches long, slipped out from under the gutter/rain protector at the end of our front porch. It moved quickly, but looked black with a silver or white stripe down its back.
This morning, as Baby Bear and I returned from our Starbucks Stroll around 9 a.m. (while it was still only 81 degrees outside), I saw a smaller lizard which looked like the same type zoom across the porch and into the shrubs.
Too bad they are so fast, because I really want to get a picture.
Hubby wants to move to Anchorage. The summer temps are tempting, and apparently he thinks that Anchorage is not much colder than Chicago in the winter. Something must be wrong with me, because I'm almost willing to move with him, and I have turned down the A/C two days in a row now.
6 comments:
Blue tail lizards, and salimandors are native to Mid TN that's the only ones I know.
Will you be in town this weekend? I may be in Nashville long enough to drop by and visit if you'll have me on Saturday (or meet up at Starbucks?)
http://kaweahoaks.com/html/skinks.htm
also known as skinks
Zann, looks like you ID'd our outdoor pets!
Sean and I talk about moving to AK all the time. Maybe one day we'll actually be able to do it! We like cold weather and snow. :)
Twinkling for Jesus,
Michelle
youcan move there if you leave baby bear with us for at least one third of the time!!
We had at least two lizards that lived in the bushes around our patio in Alabama. We had so much fun watching them.
Post a Comment